Vision and Purpose for Elijah House Schools
The Elijah House School of Ministry was created from the ministry of John and Paula Sandford. In prayerfully planned instructional and ministry settings to impart “Keys of Knowledge,” opening the heart to receive truth, renewing the mind, resulting in life transformation through Christ. Led by the Holy Spirit, we consider it a privilege to co-labor with Christ, working to “restore” broken and hurting hearts and reconcile relationships. In keeping with the Elijah House mission, our vision for the school is to equip, encourage, and release “Ambassadors for Christ” (II Corinthians 5:18 – 20), who will pick up His mantle and continue His mission of restoration and healing.
His Whole House Ministries offers both Course 201 and 202.
- To provide Scriptural foundation for Sanctification and Transformation
- To provide a safe setting for building relationships, learning, and practicing prayer ministry in small groups.
- To offer students the opportunity to experience personal healing through small group ministry from their peers.
- To teach, model, and provide opportunity to practice ministry to one another according to the Word of God and in the power and sensitivity of Christ through the Holy Spirit.
Who Should Attend the School?
If you are a Christian leader or layman seeking to experience and minister healing from life’s hurts, and desire to begin to restore healthy relationships with God and others, this school is for you.
What Can I Expect From This Course?
This school will help you discover Scriptural answers to many searching questions we all have about life, God, and ourselves. Have you ever wondered why you think, feel, speak and act the way you do? Have you ever wondered why things happen in your lives and relationships the way they do, and why God allows certain things to happen? Jesus desires to bring you into wholeness through true change and to break through in long-standing areas of your life. He wants to equip you with greater vision and hope for the future…to take you into a deeper, more exciting and fulfilling love relationship with Him, and to prepare, empower, and release you into a new anointing to help others.
Course 201 Course Description
Course 201 School of Ministry consists of 24 lessons covering a fourteen -week period.
- Orientation & Closure = 2 hours
- 24 Lectures @ approximately 1 hours = 24 hours
- 3 Prayer ministry Demos @ approximately 1 ½ hours = 4 ½ hours
- 12 Small Group Sessions @ approximately 1 ½ hours = 18 hours
- Homework Assignments @ teacher’s discretion
- Total Hours of Course 201 Instruction & Practical Experience = 55 hours
Elijah House schools provide substantial training and experience in the Elijah House model of prayer ministry which is a form of pastoral counseling. We are not an accredited institution offering college credit. However, for those pursuing degree programs, college accreditation may be available through their college, graduate program, or seminary. Many higher education institutions acknowledge and give credit for prior learning which can include work experience and non-accredited courses like this one. Contact your registrar and ask about their Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), Recognized Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) programs. Your certificate of completion and a copy of our syllabus serve as documentation.